1 dog (interacts with other dogs) $35 per day
1 dog (no interaction with other dogs) $40 per day
1 dog with limited mobility or age issues $40 per day
2 dogs (in same kennel for sleeping) $60 per day
Daycare (in at 8am out by 6pm) $30 per day
Bathing $25, more if tangled hair
Nail trimming $20 to $30 depending on difficulty
No additional charges for walking, play times, food, treats, medications administration, swimming or hugs.
We welcome all spayed/neutered dogs from young dogs (who have completed their puppy shots) to seniors. All dogs over 12 months old must be spayed/neutered. The only exceptions to this requirement are those we personally know and approve of such as show dogs and geriatric dogs. New owners and their dogs must come for a visit prior to their first stay so we can assess their dog's behavior and ensure that they will do well here at NPLH. There is no charge for this visit but it must be arranged and accomplished prior to the first stay here.
Our standard and nonnegotiable kennel policies for our dog guests are as follows
- All reservations must be made in advance on a first come basis
- Reservations may be made up to a year in advance
- Dogs must be socialized and exhibit no aggression towards people or other dogs
- Dogs must be up to date on all common parasite treatments and shots including rabies, parvovirus, canine distemper, and bordetella as well as flea/tick and heart worm treatments
- Open hours for the kennel are 8am to 10am and 4pm to 6pm each day including weekends. These hours are for dog pick up and drop off. The only exceptions to these open times must be scheduled in advance with us.
- Reservations may be canceled prior to 72 hours before the scheduled stay. Cancellations made during this 72 hour window will result in an additional 1 day stay fee due from the client. Cancellations made during this 72 hour window for stays that are over a holiday or traditional vacations times will incur a 2 day fee due from the client.
- Reservations made for holiday times can only be made by clients who stay here regularly. First time boarders cannot be accommodated during these traditional holiday times.
- Payment for services may be made by check, PayPal (send to email@example.com) or cash only no credit cards are accepted
Please note that holiday and traditional vacation times book up well in advance. This means many months ahead.
Suggestions and Requirements for your dog's stay
We have several recommendations about items you bring when your dog stays here.
- Food - bringing your own food that your dog is accustomed to is a good idea. We are glad to provide high quality food if you choose not to bring theirs but we have found that they generally do better here when they don't change food. Sometimes they have digestive problems when they change food. Also, it would be appreciated if you could bring a container for the food of appropriate size for the stay and refrain from bringing large 30-50 pound bags. Many of our guests have each of their meals individually bagged by their owners. This is by far the best way to ensure your dog gets the amount of food you desire. We prefer that all of our clients package food for their dog(s) in this manner.
- Bedding - please do not bring bedding or dog beds to NPLH. We provide cots for them that do not get chewed up or ingested like cloth bedding.
- Toys - please do not bring toys for your dog to play with while they are here. Dogs will fight over toy ownership, chew up the toys or potentially ingest the toy/stuffing causing medical emergencies.
- Collars and ID tags - please be sure that your dog has a collar and current ID tag. This is a requirement.
- First stay with us - please bring immunization records showing that your dog is current on all our required vaccinations. Please be sure that you get the signed client copy of our boarding agreement while you are here.